Save, and Save Again

When will I join the world and learn? 

Right after you've lost not 100, 200 or even 1,000 words. But, after a whole chapter has been lost, gone bye bye, is now floating out into the wide world of never to be seen again land.


While I was visiting with my sister, I decided to spend a few precious hours writing the next chapter to my YA. After I was done I decided to copy it and paste it into a composed e-mail that I sent to myself. (No, I did not save it. Why? Because I was being so smart and using the brain I was sitting on.) The next morning, I was locked out of my e-mail account because it was hacked.


So, what becomes of the e-mail I sent to myself? Good question. I should have taken the time to send it to my drop-box and then back it up on a flash drive. But, I didn't. (Why? because that would have been the non-butt thinking thing to do).


So, I have finally learned my lesson. And what is that? That it is hard to remember the words that you wrote in the chapter yesterday. That, what might have been flowing like a smooth stream down a spring runoff the day before, is simply a pocket full of missing memories the next day. 


Thus, I shall ALWAYS back up my work. I will use a flash drive and every other man made savior that I can get my little paws on. Join me, won't you.


Doree









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can Still Remember the Days We Communicated in .... English!

Did You Know I Didn't Know?