URWA Conference turned out to be absolutely wonderful. The attendance was fantastic, the workshops were top nosh and the networking was phenomenal. An enjoyment to the very end. Christine Witthohn from Book Cents Literary Agency and Amanda Bergeron from Avon/Harper Collins were a lot of fun. (the picture to the left is taken in Park City. br. Me and Mary Martinez, fr is Kim Finnegin, Christine Witthohn, Amanda Bergeron and Lisa Williams-Cox in front of the miner's statue).

The pitches went down and some excellent results followed. I, for one, am happy with the request that I received and the valuable information that Christine gave me. Hook? Oh yeah, the hook. We'll lets just say that the hook was asked for and not given. Yet, Christine still gave a request and I couldn't be happier than a bear with a new roll of Charmin. Since then I've been polishing up my synopsis and getting ready to send it out with my first three chapters. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are raising. Hopefully my heart can wait until she asks for more before pounding from my chest.

Friends exchanged hugs and laughter, even Victoria Dahl dropped by to lift up a glass of wine. If anyone would enjoy a great romance, check out Victoria Dahl's 'Talk Me Down' or 'Start Me Up.' Both are exceptional books. All in all, I don't think there was a person in the whole group that wasn't happy with our conference outcome. My favorite part was the game on Saturday night that Diane Stoddard introduced. Our other visiting agent, Kelly Mortimer was with us as each person wrote down a name of a famous person (dead or alive) and then everyone else tried to guess the name we chose. It was pretty fun in front of the fireplace in the lobby of the Deer Valley 'Lodges.' Next year, I understand that it is going to be tons better. Join us, won't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can Still Remember the Days We Communicated in .... English!

Did You Know I Didn't Know?

Es dos nicht eine O Tannenbaum?