Here is the price of a huge mansion on a private island question: Why does one editor request your full manuscript and another one reject it?

I was asked by a specific person to send them my manuscript, unfortunately I could only submit it to the submissions e-mail address (give you their actual e-mail address, please) but I made SURE to indicate that this specific person requested it. Almost four months later, I receive a rejection. That's fine. I can cowboy up with the best of them. Except who is this other person who sends me back "Thank you for your submission but your manuscript isn't what we are looking for" generic form?

Maybe the editor who requested it was fired. No.
Maybe the editor who requested it left for another company. No.
Maybe the editor who requested it got ran over by a truck. No. (But if the editor did, be darn glad that someone was nice enough to get back to you)

This is my work, my job: Writing. I enjoy writing. Putting plots together, giving characters life. Not this day in and day out frustration of wait a few months and 'someone' will get back to you, or not, publishing world that I'm swimming in.

Maybe it's just a bad day. So what if no one threw me the beach ball. If I can't wait my turn I should probably pick up my towel and try again another day. Let me get this whine with a little cheese, please.

Don't you just hate it when no one chooses you to play on their team?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can Still Remember the Days We Communicated in .... English!

Did You Know I Didn't Know?

Es dos nicht eine O Tannenbaum?